by sonia from lovingarchie.com
me and my friend got there at like 3pm, and we showed off out David t-shirts to just about anyone that passed . It was soo funny, cos people were looking closely at the t-shirts to see who it was haha.
I was like 2nd row from the front (it was a standing concert).
During Touch My Hand, Eli through a drum stick (an extra one) into the crowd. It didn’t come in my direction though . The crowd was quite into this song, people were jumping!
Then once Waiting For Yesterday started the girls in front of me (who had no idea who he was) started getting into him and swaying along!
The full set was amazing, and he sang all of my fav songs . I was kinda surprised that there were no ballads but I suppose McFly fans aren’t really ballad people so I though it was the perfect set list!
Then after David was done we got to meet him out in the back! We had to cross through the bar even though we were underage haha It was meant to be just me, my friend and David, but then people in the bar came out once they saw him. He was only out for about 5mins cos he said “I don’t want to be too much of a distraction.” since he was kinda right beside the door at the stage. So he just signed out tour poster that we had bought and signed out t-shirts. Omg, he took hold of my shoulders and twisted me around! … then he moved my hair!! ldiskjfnc
Anyways afterwards we met Jeff, Eli and Mike during McFly’s set. Jeff was at the side through the show, and we got to talk to him for a while He was soo nice! He’s an awesome Dad!! And the band were just chilling at the back. Eli was soo cool, he walked past lots of times and smiled and waved at me <3
We got pics with Jeff and Eli.
Ok so when we got in, we could hear David’s sound check soooo clearly! There was only 1 door between us and the concert hall. It was Zero Gravity, and it sounded soo different with less David vocals lol. But it sounded good.
So David came out, and he got quite a lot of cheers. There was some girls from the Edinburgh show sitting a few rows behind me, and they had defo turned into HUGE David fans! They probs screamed as much as me! They were obsessed with Zero Gravity.
Zero Gravity was defo the song of the night <3. It was kinda funny cos as soon as he mentioned ZG everyone got up on their feet! It as like an instant reaction. And people recognised Crush too.
The best part was after the show!!! Haha… here’s what I can remember from our longg conversation. There was only 4 of us there, and it sooo amazing. My friend says he was out with us for more than 30 mins… but i cant remember
Here’s what i can remember:
- he wants to release ZG on the UK album, but the label doesn’t want to. He said that the recorded version wasn’t as good as the live version, and he wasn’t too familiar with the song at the time when he was recording it.
-we asked if he had drank irn-bru, one of the girls there had a bottle and he looked at it. It had caffeine in it so he said he couldn’t drink it, but he had heard of it.
-he went to Marks and Spensers and bought a salad for £3.50 . He said it was good, and cheap.
- He talked about his interest in the cows here … I had no idea what he was talking about, so he tried to explain it to me (got that on video … might put it on you tube in a bit) … he looked directly at me for a long time !
- He wanted to go see the Loch Ness Monster, but didn’t have time
-I begged him to come back to Scotland, and he said he wanted to, but it all depended on the album sales, since Crush hadn’t even entered the charts.
-his fav McFly songs is 5 Colours In Her Hair, and he likes Lies and Falling In Love
- I got a pic of his van! Lol, it’s kinda small!
- I got a hug, and a pic with him … he put his arm around me in the pic
-He isn’t allowed to sit at the merchandise table to sign things like Lesley Roy did.
-He talked about how he was going to Manila with Cook. He’s excited.
- Ray (I think) came out and told us we weren’t allowed to make eye contact haha, oh and this guy came out with a “f*”!you” t-shirt on … funny reaction, but David laughed.
-He recognised me nd my friend from the night before, and talked about the gifts we gave him
- He said he liked being able to talk to fans in small groups cos usually theres lots of people in the US and he can’t talk to everyone.
-He waited for someone to come open the van so he could put some things in, but no one came till 20mins later. That was fine with me though
- He said McFly were really nice people, and were really talented
-He asked me how long it took to get home after the Edinburgh concert, and then realised he had taken the exact same trip as us.
- a lady asked David if she could take a pic of him, and so David posed like this (notice the hand ) :
- At the end when he went in to watch McFly, he got locked out. But he’s soo patient! lol. Someone came after he knocked politely
woah that’s long aha i’ll stop now
Thank for the report, sonia!